The Role of Diet in Migraine
There are many nutritional factors that can contribute to migraines, headaches, and other associated symptoms such as low energy, fatigue and brain fog. These include:
– Inadequate energy intake or nutritional deficiencies, such as iron, vitamin B12, folate, and omega-3 fats
– Chronic dehydration, including fluid and electrolyte intake
– Metabolic disturbances, such as insulin resistance
If you or someone you love suffers from migraines, it is worthwhile exploring the role of diet and nutrition with an experienced dietitian who has a special interest in this area.
What health issues and medical conditions can nutrition play a role in?
- migraines, headaches, and concussion
- low energy, fatigue and brain fog
- overweight and obesity
- fatty liver and high blood pressure
- insulin resistance and the Metabolic Syndrome diabetes (pre-diabetes, type 2, type 1)
- chronic pain and/or physical degeneration sarcopaenia (muscle wasting) osteoporosis (low bone mineral density)
- nutritional deficiencies (e.g., iron, B12, vitamin D) digestive issues and gut inflammation
- food intolerances and sensitivities polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) anxiety and depression neurological conditions
Ellipse Health is a team of qualified dietitians providing personally tailored nutrition education and dietary advice to individuals across Australia. Ellipse Health Dietitian, Thomas Paavola, provides face-to-face diet consultations at Sydney Headache & Migraine Centre in Sydney CBD. We are located at 602/60 Park Street Sydney (Cnr of Elizabeth and Park St).
Tom is a senior dietitian at Ellipse Health with years of experience working in private practice alongside a team of doctors and specialists. Tom has a special interest in the nutritional management of headaches and migraines and has developed a targeted process to assist patients in reducing the frequency and severity of their condition. As a migraine sufferer himself, Tom is compassionate and relatable. Tom’s migraines have improved dramatically since he began investigating the impact of diet and nutrition on brain function, cognitive health, and neuro-inflammation more than 5 years ago. Tom is dedicated to helping his patients improve their health and quality of life with simple yet effective dietary solutions.
We welcome anyone to book this service, no matter your health goals. Tom will support you toward achieving a wide variety of health goals, including but not limited to:
- reducing the severity and frequency of headaches and migraines
- improving energy levels and enhancing cognitive health
- weight loss and weight management
- improving blood glucose control and blood pressure
- remission of type 2 diabetes
- reducing inflammation and improving chronic pain
- addressing and/or preventing nutritional deficiencies
If you are interested in booking and/or have any questions relating to this service, please email email@example.com to provide your details.
For more information about Ellipse Health, visit their website.